Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The profile CurveLoops do not satisfy the input requirements

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chinhung77
1167 Views, 3 Replies

The profile CurveLoops do not satisfy the input requirements

I select a face of the wall, and I want to extrude a solid by this face.

List<CurveLoop> Loop = face.GetEdgesAsCurveLoops().ToList();
Solid solid = GeometryCreationUtilities.CreateExtrusionGeometry(Loop,
face.ComputeNormal(UV.Zero), thickness);

It's an instance wall. If the CurveLoop is opened shouldn't be created.

I try to use the CurveLoop.IsOpen method to determine whether the CurveLoop is closed, but the results are all false.

I can't understand why "The profile CurveLoops do not satisfy the input requirements".

How to avoid this error.

Can I confirm in advance whether CreateExtrusionGeometry will succeed? Or how should I modify the CurveLoop?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RPTHOMAS108
in reply to: chinhung77

What type of face is it?

The curve loops of certain face types will not be coplanar.

"The profile loops to be extruded. The loops must be closed, coplanar, and without intersections, self-intersections, or degeneracies. No loop may contain just one closed curve - split such loops into two or more curves beforehand. No conditions are imposed on the orientations of the loops: this function will use copies of the input loops that have been oriented as necessary to conform to Revit's orientation conventions."
Message 3 of 4
chinhung77
in reply to: RPTHOMAS108

The face is planar face.

The face where the error occurs is the gray face.

I accept that there is an error on this face. After all, this face looks a bit strange. Refer to the picture on the right.

I want to know if there is a way to know in advance that the "CreateExtrusionGeometry" method will fail, let me skip it in the loop.

The method I currently use is try-catch. I'm not sure if this is the best method. After all, this method seems to greatly affect performance.

Image 3.jpg  Image 4.jpg

Message 4 of 4
RPTHOMAS108
in reply to: chinhung77

If that is one face then your attempt to extrude may be failing on the self-intersecting criteria. 

Perhaps you could identify the intersection and form two independent extrusions if that is the case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community