Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Leader Line Weight

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sdanielsRXEH4
7617 Views, 8 Replies

Tag Leader Line Weight

Does anyone know of a way to change a tag/ elevations leader line weights? or how to make new leader types? It's something I've never had to do before and I can't seem to find the answer.

Anyhow, 

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: sdanielsRXEH4

Look at this link under ''change the color, weight, and pattern of the leader''

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN...

Message 3 of 9
dtiemeyer
in reply to: Anonymous

So, just following up on this several years later for anyone who might be working the same issue, the setting for Annotation Objects > xxxx Tag  will control both the Tag Head and Leader lineweights.  To get separate lineweights for the tag head and leader, you need to create a subcategory in the Tag Family for the Head, and make it heavier, then put the tag head linework on that subcategory.  Then the graphical settings for the Category of the Tag will control the leader lineweight, and a subcategory of it will control the head lineweight. It's kinda backwards, but you can get there.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: dtiemeyer

THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS HELPED BIG TIME

Message 5 of 9
dtiemeyer
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome!

Message 6 of 9

Could you explain this step? "...then put the tag head linework on that subcategory". I've been trying to figure out how to get this accomplished but have been unable to find where you change the tag/family to the newly created subcategory.

Message 7 of 9

@marco_jorgeH57C5 

when you are editing the Tag Head annotation symbol, create a subcategory in that family, then as you draw linework in that family, put it on the subcategory. In the pictures below, I want the tag head to be lwt 9 in my project but the leader to be less (5 in the family, but ultimately decided by the project environment).

dtiemeyer_0-1681414670463.png

dtiemeyer_1-1681414682398.png

Message 8 of 9

How would you apply that to the leader of the tag when "none" is selected for "leader arrowhead". I am probably wording it incorrectly, I apologize as I am a bit new and learning as I go. What I am trying to accomplish is having control of the leader lineweight based on the tag.  I created a custom "existing" tag where the text is a lighter lineweight but the leader is sticking out because its the default lineweight. I am trying to have a mix of "existing" lighter tags and "new" heavier tags so I don't want to change it globally, only attached to the custom family I made for "existing" elements which I (currently) manually have to tag with the "existing" family.

Does that make sense? 😅

I attached a snip of what I am trying to change...

lineweight leaders.jpg

Message 9 of 9
dtiemeyer
in reply to: sdanielsRXEH4

To the best of my knowledge you cannot have multiple lineweights for the leaders within the same category of tag. If you figure out a way, please post back here!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community