Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specialty Equipment tag read room number

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jenn_Contois
258 Views, 2 Replies

Specialty Equipment tag read room number

I have a speciality equipment family + would like the tag to display a shared parameter. 

I have the shared parameter imported to the project to both Room Number and Specialty equipment but cannot figure out how to connect them to each other. 

Adversely, i tried making a specialty eq parameter and a room parameter and have those equal but that didn't seem to work either. 

any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Yien_Chao
in reply to: Jenn_Contois

hi,

the shared parameter is not the issue here. If you need to retrieve the room's number in which your equipment are, i suggest an approach with the API.

1- collect all your rooms

2- collect and get the center of your Specialty Equipment (there is many ways, but try with instance location)

3- find if the point is inside the room with a loop. https://www.revitapidocs.com/2022/96e29ddf-d6dc-0c40-b036-035c5001b996.htm

4. if the point are in the room, get the room's number and update the parameter of your Specialty Equipment .

hope it helps

Message 3 of 3
Jenn_Contois
in reply to: Yien_Chao

Thank you!

We ended up going a different direction as we were hoping the tags would auto update when moved to a new room but appreciate the response!

Jenn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report