Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simpel start help

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
333 Views, 2 Replies

Simpel start help

Hi

I am trying as a beginner to write c# code in the Revit API

The nice samples in the SDK are reather complex 🙂

A simple thing,I think would be a help for many of us is some simple samples

How to make a filterelementcolloctor with a type and a instants paremeter of the differents categories

maybe how to write to them aswell

Eg.

How to make a filter for systemsfamilies Walls, floors, ceilings, to get one Type and one instans parameter (one sampel, if the metode is the same for several categories)

Hostssweppes

Ramps/Stairs

// For systems families as Floors, Walls, Ceilings, Roofs etc... (Replace the category name)

I do like this: 

Make a filter and then get the type from eatch instants

FilteredElementCollector FMFloorCollector = new FilteredElementCollector(OpenDoc);

FMFloorCollector.OfClass(typeof(Floor));

foreach (Floor FMFloor in FMFloorCollector)

{

// Type

Element el = FMFloor as Element; ElementId typeid = el.GetTypeId();

Element floortype = OpenDoc.GetElement(typeid);

Floor_Keynote = floortype.get_Parameter(BuiltInParameter.KEYNOTE_PARAM);

// Instans

Floor_Area = FMFloor.get_Parameter(BuiltInParameter.HOST_AREA_COMPUTED); 

}

// for Eg beams (StructuralFraming) witch is a component family

ElementClassFilter FM_BeamInstanceFilter = new ElementClassFilter(typeof(FamilyInstance));

ElementCategoryFilter FMBeamsCategoryFilter = new ElementCategoryFilter(BuiltInCategory.OST_StructuralFraming);

LogicalAndFilter BeamInstancesFilter = new LogicalAndFilter(FM_BeamInstanceFilter, FMBeamsCategoryFilter);

FilteredElementCollector FMbeamcollector = new FilteredElementCollector(OpenDoc);

IList<Element> FMBeams = FMbeamcollector.WherePasses(BeamInstancesFilter).ToElements();

foreach (FamilyInstance FMBeam in FMBeams)

{

// get type parametres use Symbol.get_Parameter(...) to get instants just get_parameter(....)

Beam_Family = FMBeam.Symbol.get_Parameter(BuiltInParameter.ALL_MODEL_TYPE_NAME);

Beam_Mark = FMBeam.get_Parameter(BuiltInParameter.DOOR_NUMBER);

// (use the Revit lookup to find the right parameter name, they are nor always logic :- )

}

Does anybody know where a list of all categories can be found ?

Regards

Anders

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: Anonymous

From your code, try the following collection:

OpenDoc.Settings.Categories
Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 3
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Anders,

Thank you for your query and for posting this as a public discussion thread instead of a private communication.

I try to do nothing at all that cannot be shared and published, and share and publish absolutely everything I work on.

I therefore avoid discussing questions like this, and actually all questions whatsoever, one-on-one.

I prefer discussing everything in public and enabling the entire community to contribute and share:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/about-the-author.html#1

Discussing questions in public has several advantages. Among others, your peers can join in and help you, and our conversation becomes visible to others, to help them resolve their issues as well.

In this case, I went ahead and answered you on The Building Coder blog last week:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2015/10/filtered-element-collector-samples-and-rac-features...

I hope you noticed 🙂

I hope this helps.

Does it?

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report