Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope box in IFC export

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
r.schrooijen
285 Views, 2 Replies

Scope box in IFC export

Hi all,

I've got a problem when i export a ifc. The scope boxes and Reference planes that are standerd in a template keep showing up when I load the ifc back into Revit (2024).

In the ifc option scope boxes turned to Not Exported

I export with only elements visible in view ON. and the scope box not visible. 

I deleted all the scope boxes and lines in the template before project use. 

When i put my own scopebox in and link levels to that box its is not exported neat in line with the scope box  perimeter. 

I work with a lot of 3de party ifc's and see it a lot. But not with all. 

So what am I doing wrong? 

thank you

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

For IFC-specific questions, you may have better luck in the IFC discussion forum: 

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 3 of 3

Best to post this in the Revit Architecture Forum.

But this is easy to solve, if not Revit Template is defined for IFC Link/open the default Revit template (the first one in the list) defined in revit is used. (in File > Options > File locations > Project templates)

To set another (completly empty template) go to File > Open > IFC options; in the "Default Templates for IFC Import" option box fill in the path to the template that should be used. If this box is empty the default template is used.

- Michel

Note that this IFC default template should not be changed if the Linked IFC is dimensioned or tagged etc, otherwise during a update of the IFC they can be lost. With linking a IFC revit tries to maintain the elementId, but if the template is changed those may already be used and a updated IFC id's will change and any references to the Linked IFC will be lost or worse jump to other elements!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community