Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon missing revit 2016

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1083 Views, 5 Replies

Ribbon missing revit 2016

the riddon is missing on my revit 2016 and ive tried repair and reinstallind the software but nothing worked, help me I can't work without it

outside inside

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You should try reinstalling Revit 2016.

I feel some supporting files are missing. That is why its not installing properly.

Check installing Revit 2016 with same CD on other PC, which doesn't have Revit 2016, if problem persists, then you need to install the software with other new Revit2016 CD.

Cheers,

Chaitra BN

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

no you see once i am inside the file its not minimized, it disappear all together 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

before a full reinstall you can try renaming your uistate file which you might find in a location similar to this:
C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2016\ENU

make a copy of UIState.dat, Rename the copy then delete the uistate.dat file and try running Revit again, see if it helps.

here's the official article from Autodesk: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

if that doesn't help, you might need to do a full reinstall.

That said, for future reference, this is the Revit API forum for software developers and valiant Revit hacker masterminds and your question is really a Revit user-facing question which would typically get quicker (maybe better) answers in one of the other User-facing forums.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi,

Its really valuable info. for every one.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I've been reading all the offered solutions for this and most of them say to re-install Revit from a different installation disk. This insinuates that you don't have a proper install. This doesn't make sense to me if the problem comes up after operating the software for a while. If the software install was bad it would happen as soon as you open it and not after you have been using it for some time.

It seems to me this is has something to do with RAM, VRAM Memory, or the Vidoe/Graphics Card to cause it to drop out as you are working.

Does revit have a hot fix for software that refreshes the menu when it drops out?

Is it possible that I window driver got over written when installing new software? Would that even affect something like this within Revit? The only way I know to temporarily fix the issue is to restart Revit. We have very detailed models. It takes about 5 min to re-open the model.

I hadn't had the issue in quite a while. Recently my company installed the latest UPS WoldShip software on my computer and I've noticed that it's happening more often.

I have no background in computers other than "End User", this is just deductive reasoning so all of what I've offered to this might be useless information. I'm only offering what I've encountered in hopes to help resolve this issue because Re-Installing this software is a PITA.

Windows 7

Build: 16.0.490.0
20150714_1515(x64)

Revit Ribbon Issue.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community