Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2017 Export to IFC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
354 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2017 Export to IFC

Hi all,

I have an issue while trying to export an IFC model from Revit 2017. The export starts and freezes at some point and fail. I have tried the following:

• Reinstall and update the IFC export addins (and made sure only one version is installed)
  • Audit and detach the model before export
  • Hide worksets in view and export visible in view option (to eliminate the size issue)
  • Upgrade the model to Revit 2019 and export
  • Tried different export options including (very low level of details option)
  • Tried to export on different machines
  • Turned off the hard graphic acceleration

All failed. I have been checking the journal document after each attempt and it shows the same error:

“1:< DBG_INFO: Inconsistency in solid faceting: we reached the end of the list of vertices on one face, but not the other.: line 3275 of SolidUtils.cpp.”

And this is where it freezes. The issue is that the export freezes at different elements during each attempt. I really need to have the IFC exported, it is required by the client. 

help please!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Hamzeh,

The best place for you to get rapid and knowledgeable answers to issues concerning the Revit IFC importer and exporter is the discussion group on the open source IFC for Revit project:

https://sourceforge.net/p/ifcexporter/discussion/general

Furthermore, if you are not doing anything programmatically yourself, please note that this discussion forum is dedicated to programming Revit using the Revit API.

Therefore, you cannot expect an answer to a question such as yours relating to installation, product usage or end user support issues here.

You should try one of the non-API Revit product support discussion forums instead for that:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/this-forum-is-for-revit-api-programming-questions-not...

The people there are much better equipped to answer your question than us programming nerds.

I hope this clarifies.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jeremytammik

Noted. Thanks you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report