Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing shared parameter with other type shared parameter

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
556 Views, 1 Reply

Replacing shared parameter with other type shared parameter

Hi, I have an issue to replace one shared parameter in a family with other shared parameter but with other DATATYPE (for example from HVAC_DUCT_SIZE type to LENGTH type). I can't implement it with the FamilyManager.ReplaceParameter method due to the specific task and I tryed firstly to add the new parameter to the family, to take all associations and dependencies (associated parameters, dimention labels, in other parameters formulas) in old parameter and to apply them to the new one. It worked good but occasionally, with commiting the changes, there was a Revit warning or an error for some of the parameters. All these warnings and errors concern to losing constrains (sketchplanes for extrusions, refence lines for dimensions).  Unfortunately, I can't find direct dependency of the old parameter to any constain to change it.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Moustafa_K
in reply to: Anonymous

hi,

AFAIK you can't change that from the normal UI Interface, hence it would not be possible via API

Hope that helps

Moustafa Khalil
Cropped-Sharp-Bim-500x125-Autodesk-1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report