Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing happens in Revit when I do the Hello World Walkthrough.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
510 Views, 3 Replies

Nothing happens in Revit when I do the Hello World Walkthrough.

Hello everyone! Happy Holidays!: I am using Visual Studio 2019 Community, C# language. I am trying to implement the Hello World program in Revit 2019 just as it is explained in the Autodesk 2019 Revit 2019 walkthrough. Let me show you pictures of my file locations and code:visual studio code compilesvisual studio code compileslocation of code in C drivelocation of code in C drivelocation of addin file in C drivelocation of addin file in C driveSo the code builds in Visual Studio. But when I run the debugger nothing happens in Revit. No error messages, no External tool shows up...

Help would be appreciated!

Regards, Alejandro Peláez

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bhprest
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there. There are quite a few possibilities, but I think the most likely is that the manifest file (HelloWorld.addin) is pointing to an assembly that doesn't exist...

from the tutorial:

Annotation 2019-12-24 091119.jpg

On the 4th line down, the Assembly points towards a .dll file that is located on D:\.  Is there a file on your machine that is located at that path? If not, just edit this line to point towards the correct location (the .dll created when you compiled your code).

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: bhprest

Hello and thanks for the reply!

From the manifest file: <Assembly>C:\Samples\HelloWorld\HelloWorld\bin\Debug\HelloWorld.dll</Assembly>

Since I have my file saved at this path I don´t think this is the issue.

Regards,

Alejandro

Message 4 of 4
bhprest
in reply to: Anonymous

My apologies for assuming. I hope you find out whats wrong. 

Edit: Actually, are you sure thats correct?

from your build output posted above:

Annotation 2019-12-24 095350.jpg

from your previous post:

C:\Samples\HelloWorld\HelloWorld\bin\Debug\HelloWorld.dll

Could the extra \HelloWorld\ be the issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report