Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NewElectricalSystem Specify Voltage & Poles

45 REPLIES 45
Message 1 of 46
bxw
Enthusiast
3285 Views, 45 Replies

NewElectricalSystem Specify Voltage & Poles

I'm trying to create an electrical system on an element when the Voltage & Poles parameters are instance parameters.  The following works when those parameters are Type parameters, however the voltage is set to 0V when voltage is an instance parameter.  The Voltage parameter on an electrical system is read only.  Is there a way to do this?  

//Works when Voltage & Poles are type parameters, returns 0V & 1 Pole when Volts & Poles are instance parameters

// es is an electrical fixture 

newCircuit = doc.Create.NewElectricalSystem(es, ElectricalSystemType.PowerCircuit);

In the UI when Voltage & Poles are instance parameters you have this dialog to choose the value. 

specifyCircuitInformation.PNG

I would like to use the value of the Voltage & Poles instance parameters. I have looked around the MEPmodel, ConnectorManager, etc but can't seem to find a way to specify the voltage & poles?  

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

45 REPLIES 45
Message 41 of 46
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: ricaun

Good question, very pertinent! Nowadays, we have vastly improved the communication process, and you may have noticed that some issues discussed here in the forum have been brought to the development team's attention, analysed, evaluated and fixed within a  number of weeks instead of years. A few things to pay attention to:

• Be clear, succinct, and polite. Explain what you need and why you need it. Motivate the need.
  • Ensure that you get some kind of response. No response means no action planned.
  • Ensure that you get a development ticket number, mostly prefixed REVIT-xxx of CF-xxx. No number, no action planned.
  • Ask for feedback on your ticket if you think it is taking too long, i.e., more than a couple of months. 
  • Provide a convincing minimal complete reproducible case if you things something is wrong: https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/about-the-author.html#1b
  • Submit a wish list item in the Revit Idea Station and ensure it get many votes for an enhancement request: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302

I hope this helps and look forward to continuing to perfect the BIM automation workflows together.

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 42 of 46
ricaun
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

Yes, I noticed that the communication between the API Forum and the Revit dev team is happening.

@jeremy_tammik wrote:
  • Be clear, succinct, and polite. Explain what you need and why you need it. Motivate the need.
  • Ensure that you get some kind of response. No response means no action planned.
  • Ensure that you get a development ticket number, mostly prefixed REVIT-xxx of CF-xxx. No number, no action planned.
  • Ask for feedback on your ticket if you think it is taking too long, i.e., more than a couple of months. 
  • Provide a convincing minimal complete reproducible case if you things something is wrong: https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/about-the-author.html#1b
  • Submit a wish list item in the Revit Idea Station and ensure it get many votes for an enhancement request: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302 

This list is great, except for the last item, I don't believe the Revit Idea is effective for Revit API stuff, especially if is a bug/misbehavior or a request to expose some feature in the API. (Too technical and specific)

I gonna try to use the Revit Preview forum to request to expose the creation of the switch system, now with the creation of electrical circuits fixed gonna be amazing if I could create a switch system as well using the Revit API.

Maybe in the next Revit version.

a-man-can-dream-though-sigh.gif

Luiz Henrique Cassettari

ricaun.com - Revit API Developer

AppLoader EasyConduit WireInConduit ConduitMaterial CircuitName ElectricalUtils

Message 43 of 46
jeremy_tammik

I totally agree. Good choice! The Revit preview forum is the most targeted and purposeful path to communicate directly with the Revit development team and discuss your requirements without any need for intermediaries.

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 44 of 46

Jeremy, have there been any updates on this?
I still do not see anything related in the API.

Message 45 of 46
ricaun
in reply to: pgautamQS9VD

Looks like in Revit 2024.2 Update fixed the zero voltage problem issue.

MEP Electrical Circuits

Improved the API ElectricalSystem.Create() to make it use the voltage of the first matched connector when creating an electrical system with the connectors whose voltages were mapped to an instance parameter.

PS: I haven't tested the Revit 2024.2 Update yet.

Luiz Henrique Cassettari

ricaun.com - Revit API Developer

AppLoader EasyConduit WireInConduit ConduitMaterial CircuitName ElectricalUtils

Message 46 of 46
jeremy_tammik

Thank you. Added a note to the blog as well: 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community