Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Group Origin

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dboghean
3495 Views, 3 Replies

Move Group Origin

I need to make some changes to groups, so I am going the route of ungrouping, regrouping, and changing types. Unfortunately, this leads to some group origins being moved from their original group location. Is there any way to set where the group origin is by the Revit API? I'm don't want to move the groups, just their origin point as you can in the UI.

I've seen these threads from 2015 & 2016, but I wasn't sure if this functionality was added tot he API or not:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/group-origin-please-add-api-to-get-amp-set/m-p/596682...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/set-xyz-point-for-model-group/m-p/6331903

Does anyone have a good workaround for doing this if it is not a API functionality?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeremytammik
in reply to: dboghean

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your query.

I have not seen any update on this issue.

I added a note of your request to the existing wish list item CF-3797 [API wish: ability to set origin point of group but not change location of the group itself -- 11368136, 12098587, 14362024].

Have you also checked for a corresponding wish list item in the Revit Idea Station, as suggested in one of the threads?

That is currently the strongest driver for developer requested API enhancements.

The weird thing is that you can apparently change the group origin manually in the UI:

Nowadays, in Revit, all manual functionality is always automatically equipped with a corresponding API access.

Unfortunately, the group functionality has not been updated for a while and apparently still lacks that access.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 4
dboghean
in reply to: jeremytammik

Thanks, Jeremy.

I wasn't sure if I was just missing the feature or if it hadn't been added. I appreciate the response!

Message 4 of 4
techY7D3N
in reply to: dboghean

Is there any update on this topic ? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community