Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mongo DB Driver - DLLs copied to Addin Directory?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lwlXUTTT
195 Views, 1 Reply

Mongo DB Driver - DLLs copied to Addin Directory?

Dear Community,

My question concerns the copying of all DLLs related to Mongo DB Driver to the Addin Directory of Revit - is it neccessary to copy all those files or is there any alternative of doing so? Btw, Connection with Mongo DB works great, but when any of those aasemblies are missing in Revit Addin Directory, exception is thrown... Is there a way to somehow bound those assemblies to my ExternalApp DLL?

Below DLLs that I need to copy apart form my ExternalApp DLL:

DLL.JPG

I went through the discussion (below), but I couln't find an answer there:

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2019/04/set-floor-level-and-use-ipc-for-disentanglement.ht...

Sorry if it is a trivial question....

Any help much appreciated,

Tags (3)
Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
caroline.gitonga
in reply to: lwlXUTTT

Hi @lwlXUTTT,

I doubt there is a straightforward solution to achieve this easily in Revit. you could use Fody.Costura to embed the .dll references automatically. Read more of this on https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2021/10/dll-as-resource-and-multi-version-add-ins.html#5. Also, you may follow  this forum thread on the same and see if you may get some insights to achieve a solution.

Carol Gitonga, Developer Advocacy and Support, ADN Open

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report