Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to debug Speckle xUnitRevit Tests?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Ryan_Daley
304 Views, 2 Replies

Is it possible to debug Speckle xUnitRevit Tests?

I'm in the process of implementing Speckle's xUnitRevit in my project.  It seems to work quite well.  It functions as a Revit Plugin that allows you to run your unit tests from inside Revit.  I can see if my unit tests passed or failed, but I think that is all the information I can get returned to me.  I don't think there is a way to debug the tests, and figure out why they might have failed.  I guess I can create an error log, but it would be nice to be able to debug this somehow.  Any thoughts from the community?  

Ryan_Daley_0-1686581862822.png

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ricaun
in reply to: Ryan_Daley

I never used Speckle's Unit Test but I am pretty sure if you start the Debug in Visual Studio that gonna open a new Revit in a Debug state and then run some tests using the Test Runner.

If some exceptions happen, Visual Studio gonna stop Revit and try to show in the code the problem, or if you add some breakpoint the same thing gonna happen.

Luiz Henrique Cassettari

ricaun.com - Revit API Developer

AppLoader EasyConduit WireInConduit ConduitMaterial CircuitName ElectricalUtils

Message 3 of 3
Ryan_Daley
in reply to: ricaun

Yes, you are correct.  It actually does allow me to debug the xUnitRevit if I do this.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report