Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a new tab/window with information when clicking an added button?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
509 Views, 2 Replies

Is it possible to create a new tab/window with information when clicking an added button?

Hi everyone.

I'm getting started with the Revit API and I want to do what I believe should be a simple task, but I am not being able to make it.

I have some custom elements (walls, floors and roofs) with custom properties added to them (using shared properties).

I want to add a button for each of the element types mentioned such that when you pressed it, it gets all the custom types used in your current model (this is already done) and then I want to prompt a list with these types, an icon for each of them and its name, and I'd like to be able to click on each item in the list and get to another window (or something similar) and show technical and visual information about the type selected.

I've tried using DockablePanes but I don't think that suits me, because I want it to be dynamic, but I'm not entirely sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all,

Jose Antonio Lorencio Abril

Labels (6)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Revit API and congratulations on already completing a large part of your project. You have several options using the standard ,NET libraries and Windows APIs. The easiest for a beginner may be to display a model Windows form using ShowDialog:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.forms.form.showdialog?view=net-5.0

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think that is exactly what I needed, thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report