Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it legal for a 3rd party API released in App Store to collect your model without any notifications?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
zefreestijl
255 Views, 2 Replies

Is it legal for a 3rd party API released in App Store to collect your model without any notifications?

Hi, I just found out there's some encryption tool that declaring to protect your model,
but how's it protective if the vender means to upload your model without your permission?

none of any words been mentioned in the bundle's readme file or from the description in App Store.

privacy policy.png

besides the encryption tools,

is it also legit to collect your file or some parts of your data without consent while using any other 3rd party tool?

or is there any policy about data privacy already mentioned in Autodesk App Store that I'm missing?

the screenshot source from Publisher Guide:

app-store-getting-started-guide.pdf (autodesk.net)

Thanks in advance :]

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If 3rd party application is uploading vendor model, then they should mention it under Publisher policy like how this uploaded model data being used. ''Publisher Privacy policy', which is provided under guide is just template for the Publishers to provide. It is not legal to collect files without user consent. Even if you are collecting then it should be mentioned under policy and should mention how this data being used.

We would request you to reach out to appsubmissions@autodesk.com for any queries related to Autodesk App Store.

Message 3 of 3

Hi, thanks for the reply,
I'll have to test the tool with my colleagues on other machine to confirm,
and will send the detail to the email address you mentioned later,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report