Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find the outer edgeloops of a wall completely split in two

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
m.de.vriesTH5VM
177 Views, 2 Replies

Find the outer edgeloops of a wall completely split in two

I have a wall that is completely bisected by a window (i.e. the window is taller than the wall itself)

Normally the lazy way to find the outer edge loop of a wall is to select the first from the EdgeLoops property of the geometry, and treat subsequent loops as openings.

This clearly will not work for the wall that I am working with, as it must have two outer edge loops. (and if I were to insert the same window another time in the same wall there would have to be three outer edge loops).

My question is now if there is a way to distinguish edge loops for the outer shapes from the ones for openings.

Historically cad applications did this by defining the outer edge clockwise and openings counterclockwise. I could not tell if this applies to Revit as well, since the geometry definition frequently has artifacts of the editing process (like additional points splitting an edge or even missing edges that can be implied from the geometry).

Thanks in advance for any information that I can use to solve this little problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the answers. The third topic was the specific answer to my question as it turned out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community