Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Revit to DWG nonvalid files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
670 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting Revit to DWG nonvalid files

Hi,

trying to export Revit model to DWG. 

3 types of problem (4 pictures) and it never works out, problems started with 2020 year, before 2020 I could easily export no problem from 2019 project files. 

Now not even 2019 project files can export properly. All Revit files made by me and exported by me.

Need a super crazy quick solution to this now, this is expected to work SMOOTH and imo none of these ''dwg file not valid'' topics should appear on the forums when exporting between autodesk products. 

Before anyone comments keep in mind I went through 10+ forum topics on this and tried every given possible solution. 

My user is only user on the machine and I am admin.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Labels (7)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Oh and this of course:

ktomic01_0-1602855842554.png

solving this (run as admin) only goes back to top 3 problems. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Oh, you can see on 2nd post it says dxf, but its just an indicator I tried exporting both dxf and dwg. Both in solids and that other thing. 

Message 4 of 4
TripleM-Dev.net

Hi,

This is the API forum, do you export the dwg's using the Revit API or the Revit native exporter?

Have you seen this one?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/revit-crashes-generate-0kb-file-when-exporti... 

Some things to check

Are all the Revit/Windows updates installed.

Have you tried exporting on another machine. (to rule out things)

Correct that this happend on all sheet/views in all projects? (Reinstall/repair Revit maybe)

Take a look into the journals what goes wrong when exporting.

Exports to DGN etc also fail?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community