Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Revit Api Data to an external database

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
993 Views, 1 Reply

Export Revit Api Data to an external database

Hi,

I just followed some tutorials on the web on how to install a revit api project on visual studio, but it seems that revit doesent take on consideration the config file where i stored my connectionstrings.

So my question is: anyone know how to connect my revit application to an sql server database so i can for example store the output of my command into that database? 

Thanks alot

Nouaman

PS: I heard that copying the connection string on the revit.config.exe could be the right answer but im afraid to break my revit 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Revit API!

When programming in Revit, you implement either an embedded macro or an add-in DLL.

Both of these are built using .NET and any language you choose.

Please check out the getting started materials for more info on the basics, and tutorials:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/about-the-author.html#2

Within your .NET add-in, you can set up the configuration in any way you please.

However, obviously, Revit is not going to do this for you, and I hardly expect that fiddling with the Revit configuration is going to affect this in any way.

At least not in the way you would like.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report