Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing software to detect Design Intent in images and BIM files via ML and available Metadata

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
492 Views, 5 Replies

Existing software to detect Design Intent in images and BIM files via ML and available Metadata

I am looking for existing software that takes building drawings ( 2D, 3D, PDF, BIM files) and outputs the different parts of the image ( ex. Doors, Stairs). It utilizes ML for non-objects and other Metadata for the file.

Any suggestions?

Labels (5)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Lots of people are working on stuff like that, aren't they?

Here is an article using TensorFlow from 2016:

https://www.wolfib.com/Image-Recognition-Intro-Part-1/

I heard about Autodesk doing something like this as well.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any available existing software.

I'll ask my colleagues.

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open
Message 3 of 6
jeremy_tammik

Here is an overview of a researcher and some advanced current work in this area: https://jiajunwu.com

Of course, this can hardly be termed 'existing software'...

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks, @jeremy_tammik, these suggestions were insightful.  I was looking for something which focuses on 2D building drawings, or PDF submissions given to the City for approval. Where the objects in the drawing are detected and tagged. 
Bluebeam has some very basic stuff of detection, but not a complete one-stop solution.  Was hoping AutoDesk type companies would already have something for this requirement.

Message 5 of 6
jeremy_tammik

In that case, this is probably not the best place to ask such a question.

Please note that this discussion forum is dedicated to programming Revit using the Revit API.

Therefore, you cannot expect an answer to a question such as yours relating to other software, product usage or end user support issues here.

You should try one of the non-API Revit product support discussion forums instead for that:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/this-forum-is-for-revit-api-programming-questions-not...

The people there are better equipped to answer your question than us programming nerds.

I hope this clarifies.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks, @jeremy_tammik for the response. I am new to the communities so didn't know where to post.
Will do the needful. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report