Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DockableFrameFocusChanged

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
manuel.solis.lopez
473 Views, 3 Replies

DockableFrameFocusChanged

Hi.

We are experimenting Problems with DockablePanes, the reason is a misbehavior in the event UIControlledApplication.DockableFrameFocusChanged.

It used to work properly in version 2016, but unfortunately in version 2017 it is simply never raised by revit application.

application.DockableFrameFocusChanged += new EventHandler<RvtUI.Events.DockableFrameFocusChangedEventArgs>
((sender, e) => { // Do something });

could you provide some help?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Can you please provide a minimal reproducible case to prove that?

In order to understand what you mean and be able to research possible reasons for the discrepancy between the observed and expected behaviour, we require:

• A short exact description of what you are trying to achieve.
  • The behaviour you observe versus what you expect, and why this is a problem.
  • A complete yet minimal Revit sample model to run a test in.
  • A complete yet minimal macro embedded in the sample model or Visual Studio solution with add-in manifest that can be compiled, loaded, run and debugged with a single click to analyse its behaviour live in the sample model.
  • Detailed step-by-step instructions for reproducing the issue.

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/about-the-author.html#1b

Thank you!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 4

I atteched a copy of the SDK example "DochableDialogs". The only difference is in file ExternalCommandRegisterPage.cs, 53:

ThisApplication.thisApp.GetMainWindow().SetInitialDockingParameters(dlg.FloatLeft, dlg.FloatRight, dlg.FloatTop, dlg.FloatBottom, dlg.DockPosition, dlg.TargetGuid);
         try
         {
           ThisApplication.thisApp.RegisterDockableWindow(commandData.Application, dlg.MainPageGuid);

commandData.Application.DockableFrameFocusChanged += new EventHandler<Autodesk.Revit.UI.Events.DockableFrameFocusChangedEventArgs>((sender, e) =>
            {
               TaskDialog.Show("Event", "Raised!");
            });
         }
         catch (Exception ex)
         {
            TaskDialog.Show(Globals.ApplicationName, ex.Message);
         }

In order to reproduce the test Case you simply have to follow the steps described in the readme file:

Instructions: Build and install the addin, and start Revit.  Before opening a document, select the “Register” ribbon button in the “DockableDialogs” ribbon tab to launch the registration dialog.  Select a docking style (bottom, top, tabbed, floating, etc…).  After opening a document, note the docked-modeless API window in the UI.  The “Hide” and “Show” buttons in the DockableDialogs ribbon can hide and show the dialog without destroying it.

The expected behaviour is to show a tast dialog each time the DockablePane lose Focus, what is never happening.

please reply in case you need more info.

Message 4 of 4

Hola Jose Manuel,

Thank you for providing a reproducible case!

Sorry, I did not recognise you until I raised an ADN issue 12365932 [DockableFrameFocusChanged] for you from this thread and noticed you are the Jose Manuel I already know from Sofistik.

I logged the issue REVIT-103059 [DockableFrameFocusChanged raised in 2016, not raised in 2017 -- 12365932] with our development team for this on your behalf as it requires further exploration and possibly a modification to our software. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

You are welcome to request an update on the status of this issue or to provide additional information on it at any time quoting this change request number.

This issue is important to me. What can I do to help?

This issue needs to be assessed by our engineering team, and prioritised against all of the other outstanding change requests. Any information that you can provide to influence this assessment will help. Please provide the following where possible:

• Impact on your application and/or your development.
  • The number of users affected.
  • The potential revenue impact to you.
  • The potential revenue impact to Autodesk.
  • Realistic timescale over which a fix would help you.
  • In the case of a request for a new feature or a feature enhancement, please also provide detailed Use cases for the workflows that this change would address.

This information is extremely important. Our engineering team have limited resources, and so must focus their efforts on the highest impact items. We do understand that this will cause you delays and affect your development planning, and we appreciate your cooperation and patience.

I hope this helps.

Best regards from AU in Las Vegas,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report