Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differing vertical to horizontal scales

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
900 Views, 3 Replies

Differing vertical to horizontal scales

HI.

I am trying to get civil engineers to use Revit as its the closest thing they've got to BIM software (and no Civils3D isn't BIM)

They often do very long sections and need a way of using different scales between the vertical and horizontal planes.

Is this a tool that can be coded as it is likely we will have a strong need for it and will pay for the privelege.

Thanks in advance

R

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RevitArkitek
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you provide an image of what you are trying to achieve? A view can only have one scale so what I'm imagining is that you are trying to mash up views of different scales next to each other? Which doesn't seem to make sense. 🙂
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Imagine you have a section that is 4 miles long and 12 feet high. It's a section that follows a pipe journey underground. Well you can't fit it onto a single sheet if the vertical scale is the same as the horizontal scale. So civil engineers do these sections and by changing the scale between the two they can fit their sections. I know it can't be done in revit out of the box. What I need is someone to figure out how to do it, code up a tool to do it and let me pay them handsomely for it.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

What I used to do in AutoCAD to address this for structural steel detailing was to create viewports for the features and ends only then place them adjacent to each other on a sheet to give the illusion of a single contiguous view. Maybe you could do the same in Revit? Dimensioning does become an issue though. I used to just do running baseline offset dims with the values pinned at the witness lines. Worked pretty well

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community