Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Request: Revit Status Bar

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2328 Views, 7 Replies

API Request: Revit Status Bar

Hi!

I attended "The Building Coder Chatroom" at the RTC in budapest and asked the Panel the following question:
"Can I access the Revit status bar thorugh the API and a ping the progress bar inside it? Can I use the Revit progress bar?"

The answer was: "There was a discussion on this a while back and something was pretty hard about it."

It would be nice to access the status bar, both the string and the progress bar to give user feedback when our addons work. Will this be possible (soon)?

Eirik

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Revitalizer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Eirik,

you can set the statusbar text:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2011/02/status-bar-text.html

But you cannot access the progressbar.

Revitalizer (who triggered this TBC posting and who was also on RTC)

Rudolf Honke
Software Developer
Mensch und Maschine

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Revitalizer

I will give that a try!

Thanks,

Eirik

Message 4 of 8
arnostlobel

You should be able to get not only the text but also the progress value through the ProgressChanged event. One needs to be careful with processing the events and that is for two reasons: a) there may be be quite a few of them, and b) believe there may be nested progresses too.

Arnošt Löbel
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: arnostlobel

Thank you for answering.

Getting the value of the progress bar is not that interesting, I'm asking if i could manipulate the value when i'm running an external command (Revit do not need it when the comand is running). That way I could provide meaningfull feedback to the user when my addin is working. 

Eirik

Message 6 of 8
arnostlobel

Unfortunately, the reverse process (i.e. controlling the progress from outside) is not available in the API. We have actually tried to make it work, but failed. It is still on a to-do list, but I am not sure what the priority is. Sorry about that.

Arnošt Löbel
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: arnostlobel

Thanks,

I basically got the same answer in Budapest, and was asked to post the request on this forum in case there are other API users out there who also want to access and modify the status bar. Hopefully, it will be possible one day.

Eirik

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I ended up implementing my own statusbar as a modeless dialog. Does the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community