Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Smiliar

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hakansupurkeci
343 Views, 3 Replies

Create Smiliar

How can I link two models in code with Create Similar?

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Can you link two models manually in the user interface using Create Similar? 

How do you do that? 

To determine how to achieve the same programmatically, you can analyse the resulting model of the manual operation using RevitLookup and other tools. That will show you what Revit elements are involved, their properties and relationships. That knowledge will help determine how to approach the task programmatically. Here are some examples of how to proceed:

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2017/01/virtues-of-reproduction-research-mep-settings-onto...

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 3 of 4

Firstly, thanks for your response.

I connected the links of the element I added with the "Family Example" added to the connector of the selected element using the "ConnecTo ()" method. This worked.

Thank you again for your answer, helped me find the way.
Message 4 of 4

Congratulations on solving, and thank you for your appreciation. Very glad it helped!

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community