Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create slope arrow on roof

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
GeomGym
1590 Views, 8 Replies

Create slope arrow on roof

Hi, 

Apologies if I'm missing it, but it would be nice to be able to set slope arrows on roofs.  Creating a "plate" roof on an arbitrary inclination with a perimeter curve would also be nice.

Any suggestions for existing options are appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Ning_Zhou
in reply to: GeomGym

till factory make available of sketch mode editing ...
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?114284-slope-arrow
Message 3 of 9
jeremytammik
in reply to: Ning_Zhou

I checked with the Revit development team, and they do not think it is currently possible...

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 4 of 9
Scott_Wilson

The missing slope arrow functionality is quite annoying for me also, I really could have used it on my last addon. I did make do and invent a few work-arounds as we Revit programmers often must.

Anyway, regarding your second request regarding arbitary plate roofs, the only case that can't be created using the API is a roof where the vector of maximum slope is not perpendicular to at least one edge, which I am assuming is the exact case that you want 🙂

An idea I've had but not yet tested for solving this case is to insert a minimal chamfer line into one corner of the perimeter curve (as small as Revit will allow) which is perpendicular to the desired slope and use it to control the roof slope. In many cases this would be an acceptable solution and would probably go unnoticed at larger view scales.

If you need any tips on how to acheive this, post a reply and I'll dump some selected code in here.

Message 5 of 9
GeomGym
in reply to: Scott_Wilson

If it's not already, could a request be lodged to enable generation of slope arrows for roofs from the API?

Message 6 of 9
dkinjal

Hello Everyone,

It is over a year to this reply, so thought to recheck the same.

It would be nice to know if, setting SlopedArrow for Roof by Footprint (like allowed in Revit UI) is now allowed via Revit 2016 API? 

If not yet, do anyone possess insights on when its planned for in Revit's development roadmap? Also it would be great to know if a workaround is possible to achieve the effects of SlopedArrow.

Best regards,

Kinjal.

Message 7 of 9
GeomGym
in reply to: dkinjal

A bump from me about this request.

Message 8 of 9
boostyourbim

I too look forward to when Autodesk will allow the Revit API to create slope arrow for roof

Message 9 of 9
boostyourbim
in reply to: boostyourbim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community