Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Viewports with Label

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mike
682 Views, 7 Replies

Copy Viewports with Label

Working on a sheet cloning tool and I'm stuck on a key feature.  I need to maintain the position of the view title (label) when the view is recreated on the new sheet.  We often modify the default position of the title and do not want to repeat the labor.  I'm scouring the internet.  I know Ideate can do it with their clone sheets tool but I don't know how they do it.  It seems to not be supported in API.  Can anyone offer any guidance?  Prefer to work in python if possible.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
joshua.lumley
in reply to: mike

The property you want to manipulate is Viewport -> GetLabelOutline.   I found this in a minute using 'Revit Lookup' which is invaluable.

Message 3 of 8
joshua.lumley

The property you want to manipulate is Viewport -> GetLabelOutline.   I found this in a minute using Revit Lookup which is invaluable.

Message 4 of 8
mike
in reply to: joshua.lumley

Thank you for the reply. Love RevitLookup! I can get the outline but I need to be able to set the outline. I am trying to duplicate that viewport on another sheet and the view title just goes to the default location. I can't figure out how to move it.
Message 5 of 8
joshua.lumley

There are 2 outlines: GetBoxOutline and GetLabelOutline, I am talking about the second one. 

Message 6 of 8
TorsionTools

You can not set the Label outline position. It is not exposed in the API. I have used the LabelOutline and BoxOutline to translate between them, but unfortunately what your trying to do is not currently possible.

Message 7 of 8

Your right it is not possible ideate must have figured out a work around.  GetLabelOutline has no use unless you can set it. 

Message 8 of 8

It's not useless because you can use the Viewport bounds and Label to move things around. You could also use detail items to adjust the Viewport which in turn would move the label, then remove the detail items. It would be a rough work around, but mathematically feasible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report