Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert schedules to generic annotation or legend

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Mat.Syaf
212 Views, 2 Replies

Convert schedules to generic annotation or legend

Is that possible to convert schedules to parameters in generic annotation or convert schedules to legend using python?

I like to learn Dynamo at first place but somehow, some nodes are not updated (maybe because of the python script in the nodes?), so I give up to learn Dynamo, and looking to learn Python instead.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: Mat.Syaf

So, you are addressing quite a wide variety of topics in your short question. I will just answer the first part, ok? The answer is Yes. You can access the schedule data and convert it to text, or, for instance, display it in your own custom Windows form:

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/05/the-schedule-api-and-access-to-schedule-data.html

The text data can obviously be stored anywhere you like, e.g., in a generic annotation or legend as well.

Here are some hints for getting started in Python and Dynamo:

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 3 of 3
Mat.Syaf
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

thank you for the answer. I have zero knowledge in programming language. Its a bit hard for me to understand every word/code but will see how. haha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community