Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking if a door opens the same direction as the path of travel

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
iliasmitmail
563 Views, 2 Replies

Checking if a door opens the same direction as the path of travel

Hello,

I am trying to finde a way to analyze the Problem mentioned in the title. Is there maybe already a method to do this?

Otherwise I have the following idea:

As far as I know getting Directions in Revit means that I will get a Vector like this (x,y,z).

First of all I need to get the Direction in which the door opens. Than according to the start and endpoint of my Path of Travel I can say whether my Directions on the x- and y-axes are positiv or negative (which way they are facing). Now I can check those with the Direction of my Door. If I devide the two directions with each other there should be a positiv number as a result if they face the same direction.

Maybe the following picture will help understanding my explenation:

Path.PNG

However getting the direction of a door already seems to be a big difficulty.

I am sorry if I did not explain something clearly enough. Using mathimatical vocabulary in english is pretty new to me.

I am very thankfull for your help!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I searched the Internet for 'revit api door opening direction':

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=revit+api+door+opening+direction

That returns:

Get a door’s open direction and hinge side

https://adndevblog.typepad.com/aec/2012/06/get-doors-open-direction-and-hinge-side.html

Does that help?

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open
Message 3 of 3

Thank you very much. It was a great help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report