Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad to Revit text importing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
akshay8RHMG
430 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad to Revit text importing

Hi all,

I have an AutoCAD file with multiple multitext boxes which I want to convert to Revit API as Notes.

When I try using AutoCAD import into Revit and exploding the cad file, it would tend to explode the text into the exact same line format with an "end of line" to each multi text line as it reads in AutoCAD.  For instance attached image for reference. 

akshay8RHMG_0-1639498744554.png

On left, as you can see it does copy the text but when I try to resize the box each line has a ¶ which is tedious as I have to manually do back and backspace each line.

Was hoping if anyone on the forum has a faster solution for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: akshay8RHMG

Yes, that could be fixed automatically, if you wish to remove all paragraph marks from all freshly created text notes:

A: Keep track of all newly created elements from a specified point onwards by activating a DocumentChanged event handler.

When you have finished creating fresh text notes, process them by reading their text content and removing all paragraph marks from it.

B: You could also remove the paragraph marks right away during the text note creation by implementing an appropriate updater.

Here is more information about keeping track of newly added elements using DocumentChanged:

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2010/06/place-family-instance.html

Here is more about the dynamic model updater framework DMU:

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/about-the-author.html#5.31

P.S. Wow! I just performed an Internet search for  and learned that is is named Pilcrow. Never heard that name before.

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community