Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Request = Coloring scheme, access to RGB colors

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1858 Views, 10 Replies

API Request = Coloring scheme, access to RGB colors

Hi,

As adviced at RTC 2015 and noted at Revit PAI session  I am starting process for requesting new feature.#

What whole world of MEP is missing: Coloring Scheme and ability to control RGB colors.

Coloring Scheme - we can now place sheets, tags do all automted task but Coloring Scheme we need to place manually! please help us

RGB colors - automated color schemes select random and very often dark, Black ones which means that after printing we can not see anyting. Having full control over colors and scheme we could use Macro/ Dynamo to automate process and have full control over this subject. 

Michal

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Michal,

Thank you very much for submitting this important request.

I am sorry to say that there is currently no API access to this functionality.

I submitted the wish list item CF-3558 [API wish: create colouring scheme with full access to control RGB colors] on your behalf for the functionality you suggest, as this issue requires exploration and possibly a modification to our software. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: jeremytammik

Hi Jeremy

Is there any update on this request?

Any light in tunnel?

This is very important feature

Michal

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hi, Do we have any update on this... 

Message 5 of 11
jeremytammik

Dear Michal,

Thank you for your update and perseverance.

I added your previous request for an update to the wish list item CF-3558 [API wish: create colouring scheme with full access to control RGB colors] back in May to make the development team aware of its importance.

They responded, suggesting that "this may be an enhancement the MEP teams may wish to consider for R2".

I have not heard anything more since and re-prompted them again for further news.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
The Building Coder

Message 6 of 11
joslindave

We're also running into the need to access Color Schemes and their info/RGB values, specifically we'd like to be able to have Dynamo talk to them.

Any news on this API request, now that it's two years since the last update?

Message 7 of 11
jeremytammik
in reply to: joslindave

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your reminder.

I added it to the wish list item CF-3558 [API wish: create colouring scheme with full access to control RGB colors] to make the development team aware of its importance and asked them for a status update.

You may also want to submit a request for this in the Revit Idea Station and ensure it gets a lot of votes there as well.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
The Building Coder

Message 8 of 11
joslindave

Jeremy,
Thanks for the suggestion about the Revit Ideas Station. Just checked and apparently it's already been added, so I'll go ahead and add my vote.

Thanks,

--Dave

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: joslindave

Hi @jeremytammik 

I hope you are fine... I am wondering how close to implementation is my wish list item CF-3558 [API wish: create colouring scheme with full access to control RGB colors]

It is over 4 years and not much progress there. It is simple task but great importance for us. 

Looking forward to hear some update on that.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

So sad.

Thousands of rooms are waiting to be painted beautifully. But there is no one to bring a leter to the Revit developers' bunker, under the desert in Texas. Perhaps for 5 years our ticket have not been delivered.

Message 11 of 11
js1900

There is a workaround which I have used successfully; use the ApplyViewTemplateParameters Method on a view to apply colour settings from one another view.

To ensure only the colour schemes are applied  use SetNonControlledTemplateParameterIds to disable everything but the colour scheme parameters on the source view before ApplyViewTemplateParameters. If you want it to be temporary restore the original controlled template parameters Ids on the source view before committing the transaction.

Of course this depends on having some views already set up with the colour schemes you want, but it's a start in the absence of any other way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report