Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An object, a ceiling is created with Revit API from C# code. The ceilings appears and works seemingly perfectly, but when I try to apply a pattern it does not appear.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
konrad.pEGTVF
179 Views, 1 Reply

An object, a ceiling is created with Revit API from C# code. The ceilings appears and works seemingly perfectly, but when I try to apply a pattern it does not appear.

As stated above, after a ceiling is created manually via c# and revit api, for some reason a pattern is applied, it does not appear. It shows it on the UI, but it cannot be seen on the item. Any ideas what can cause this? Are there any visibility properties that we need to add?

It is applied the following way, on the UI:

• Clicked on the Ceiling. Pressed Edit Type. Coarse Scale Fill Pattern. Construction. Structure. Edit. Layers Below. My Ceiling Type 5x5.
  • Graphics-> Surface Pattern - Foreground - Pattern: "Name of my pattern 5x5"

Thanks in advance,

If any more details are needed, let me know

Labels (6)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Coarse Scale Fill Pattern is for when the element is being cut and the view or category has to be set to Coarse detail level.  As far as your foreground pattern, is it created correctly?  Have you tried applying it to something else, like a floor?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community