Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering on cloud at 16mp results only in a 8mp render - Revit 2017

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
118 Views, 1 Reply

Rendering on cloud at 16mp results only in a 8mp render - Revit 2017

Hello,

(cross posted to https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/rendering-on-cloud-at-16mp-results-only-in-a... )

I recently sent two renders to the cloud which were supposed to render at 16mp. They both rendered at 4000x2000, which is roughly 8mp. Do you by chance know why this is the case?

I'd like to render the scene at 16mp due to the need to create a large poster and for it to have a high enough DPI when printed.

I was also wondering if it would be possible to get the credits used for those two renderings reimbursed since the output was not 16mp.

Thank you so much for your time.

screenshot.1520657466.jpg

screenshot.1520872268.jpg

--

Looks like the solution is to re-render on the cloud using larger settings. This uses more cloud credits however. Is there a different workaround without using 2x the amount of credits for the same render?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/rendering-forum/cloud-rendering-quality/m-p/7723799#M4463

--

Attempting to do so doesn't work as the render is still capped at 4000px:

screenshot.1520873328.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SallyDong2005
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

This is caused by that the scale of your original view is 2:1. when you select 16mp, and don't set the aspect ratio, it will use your original scale. If you want to make it 4000px *4000px, you need to set the width and height. The largest rendering which cloud rendering supports is 4000px*4000px. Hope this is helpful. 

Thanks,
Sally Dong

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report