Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReMake Beta for Mac Install?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1413 Views, 10 Replies

ReMake Beta for Mac Install?

Hi, 

I was searching around the site to see if the Mac BETA version is still available? I currently have it installed - but was hoping to install it to test on some more machines. It seems that ReMake is back to being Windows only in terms of installing it - are there lots of fixes happening to the Mac version and will it come back at some point? Or might this 123D catch 2.0 with only a Windows install available? Or did I just loose track of the Mac Beta link? 

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Remake Mac version has been discontinued. As ReMake is very demanding on the hardware specifications and graphics support, Remake's team found that only Windows could provide a stable platform to develop it and provide a good user experience. 

Alternatively, You may use Remake Windows version by running it on Mac bootcamp. You can find more information here: (https://autodeskremake.squarespace.com/blog/2017/2/28/mac-version-to-retire

Best,

V.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for the update - I have a number of scans I made on this version - is there any backup/support I can run to assure that my scans are preserved in the post-ReMake Mac era? 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

regardless the Remake version you are using, your project folder, RCM files, and dataset are safely stored into your A360 drive. You can access it also by using your browser and using the Autodesk credential you used to create your project in Remake. Here is the link for loggin your A360 drive.

I hope this helped.

Best,

V.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I figured that would be the case - I'm attempting the windows mirror. It's just unfortunate as we had installed it on a lab for student(s) that is heavily Mac based :-(. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

i have not tested Ramke in bootcamp, but i have used 3Ds Max on bootcamp for over 2 years without any issue. It is just boring to switch partition from time to time, but rather than that you should not have any problem at all.

It is just a matter of getting used to that!

Good luck!

Best,

V.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Why not make a version that can function on the Mac?  

You guys are supposed to be the brilliant ones developing this software.  This willingness to dismiss a large community of the tech world sound more like your being lazy.  Sounds like another Google.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

well, companies, laboratories, institution as well as common people, we all have always priorities. That does not mean being lazy, that means using all your strength to make the best out of something.

Also, Mac user are not cut off, they can always use bootcamp to use Remake for Windows. I am also a mac user, so i know what i am talking about 🙂

Best,

V.

Message 9 of 11
vovk93

Hey! 

thanks for developing such an amazing software!

I have tried install Remake on my Mac using Parallels Windows, but it does not work at all. Already sent to error reports to Autodesk.

is there any other opportunity to open/convert .rcm files on Mac?

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: vovk93

I had the same issue(s) when I was trying to use the software earlier this week - you are not alone. 

Message 11 of 11
dgorsman
in reply to: vovk93

Parallels is just emulating Windows, which has some shortcomings.  For something this hardware-intensive you need to dual-boot so all hardware can be properly used.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report