Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smooth animations

Smooth animations

Right now an animation jumps from viewpoint to viewpoint with a few seconds delay. It would be nice to have an option to have a smooth flow between those viewpoints, so you can make a real walk- or fly-through.

Maybe just like in Navisworks. You create the viewpoints, set the total time of the animation and you'll have a constant flow between those points in that amount of time. 

9 Comments
MarcZinck
Alumni

ReCap 360 3.1.1 added the ability to control pause time and transition time for exported video. An additional feature was added which allows users to create videos that loop seamlessly by automatically adding a transition from the last view state to the first view state with the appropriate duration.

Marc

Picture 2016-12-05 14_31_23.png

pedro.sena
Explorer

I am using Autodesk Recap 360 Pro 2017, but the pause time and transition time options are not showing. Any thoughts?

MarcZinck
Alumni

User control of pause time and transition time for exported videos was added as part of the 3.1.1.17 service pack to ReCap Pro 2017. You can check your current version in the About Box (under the help menu) . Updates to Autodesk ReCap 360 are available using the Autodesk Desktop App which can be accessed through the Windows System Tray or by searching for "Autodesk Desktop App" in your start menu.

Marc

pedro.sena
Explorer

Thanks Mark. I noticed that this option is available but even when I set the pause time at 0, it still stops at the view state. Is there a way to make the video all smooths without pausing at all?

MarcZinck
Alumni

ReCap 360 does not currently support exported videos which maintain a constant camera speed. We are always looking at ways to improve the experience and will take this suggestion under consideration.

Autodesk Navisworks and Autodesk 3dsMax have more full featured animation systems and support ReCap project files for rendering.

If there is an example video which you could share with me showing the value of smooth animation please send me a direct message.

Marc

pedro.sena
Explorer

Thanks Marc, I will check into Navisworks and 3dsMax.

This is a small project, so for now I am working my way around by exporting the video in Recap, and trimming it in Windows Movie Maker. This is okay for a small project, but for large project this would take a lot of time. 

I just wanted it to be smooth with no pause because I did not want to attract any attention to the "paused" moments but instead to the whole project.

Pedro

benno.toorn
Advocate

It works well for now, but you need to create A LOT of View States at the exact distance to get it partly smoothed out. I cut the short stops and control the jumpspeed in Camtasia right now. Still a lot better than it was before. I Sorting and grouping the View States is a bit killing. It would be great to create a new View State directly inside a groupfolder. I think this Idea is partly implemented now.

Her the example: https://youtu.be/Ww5dISKo0hU

pedro.sena
Explorer

I see Marc, I will try to create more view states to see how it fits, would be nice if Recap could follow the path without stoping.

I am looking for a transition more or less like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LIs8RNEyWc

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for submitting your idea @benno.toorn!
The request has been reviewed and we are happy to inform you that the same has been implemented.

You may start using this feature today by downloading the latest ReCap version from our product page.

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of your benefit!

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report