Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap Regions in Navisworks 2015 or 2016

ReCap Regions in Navisworks 2015 or 2016

Please create a functionality that allows you to utilize the regions from RECAP when viewing scan data in Navisworks. This functionality is already integreated into AutoCAD, Revit, and Invenetor. This will greatly help presenting 3D model with useful laser scan data.

11 Comments
ryan.frenz
Alumni

Unfortunately it's not possible to change the behavior of existing versions of Navisworks.

It is possible for the Navisworks team to implement this for a future (e.g. 2017 or 2018) version.  It is fully supported by ReCap as you mention.

I would suggest raising a request with your support rep or on the Navisworks forum.

Thanks,

Ryan

apaupert
Advocate

Very disappointed in Navisworks 2017 to see no Recap Region support. Please add this feature so we can remove wasteful workflows. Regions now work in Revit 2017 but to have it lacking in Navisworks is very deflating...

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

vollmuthm
Observer

I agree. Having the ability to select regions to have the ability to remove or change to a certain color/transparency would greatly improve model reviews with customers when viewing their Laser Scan data.

Stefano.L
Contributor

This function would be really useful

chris.cremeens
Contributor

I echo Stefano's comment, the regions feature is extremely useful. The continuity between Recap, Inventor and Revit makes for a easy workflow. Would be super helpful to see this feature extended into Navis

tor_christian
Contributor

Please make this happend. 

Loads of troublesome workaround to be saved.

Eli_Szymanowski
Explorer

How... seriously, how has this not been implemented yet.. Navisworks is a crucial product in ours, as well as many I can only imagine, workflows.. Why must we continue to use inefficient, spacing consuming workarounds when this feature has been integrated into many other Autodesk Products.  It has literally been years since asking for some sort of recap region recognition.

CrispinRyde
Explorer

Would be a very useful feature. Please add as soon as possible - it works in Revit, why not Navisworks. Pointclouds are becoming more mainstream. We will be presenting this in reference to final construction information on a number of projects. Navisworks is being left behind by more flexible collation tools.

gael.berillon
Explorer

2016 -> 2017 -> 2018 -> 2019 -> 2020 -> 2021 -> 2022 ?

I will soon be retired ....

a.chinellato
Contributor

2023-2024?

Do you have any News?

Alessandro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report