Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate automatic detection when using Manual registration

Deactivate automatic detection when using Manual registration

In the registration process, if I choose Manual registration, Recap always "Searching for match..." every time I switch to the next photo which is slowing down the computer, I would prefer not having the automatic search if I have selected the Manual registration. At least give the option to deactivate the automatic search. This would improve the speed process.

2 Comments
vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

JeradNJ
Contributor

I agree there should be a way to toggle "Auto-Search For Match" on or off. Some of the renovation scans I perform are in large empty office spaces with repeating columns of similar spacing and Recap has a tenancy to snap scans to irrelevant locations because of this. For example: matching a scan that should be between columns C,D,3,4 with an area between columns E,F,5,6 because all 4 columns match in both views. Simply dropping the automation would actually speed up things in this scenario.

Further, having a setting that has options like: "ON, After 1 Shared Point, After 2 Shared Points, OFF" would be extremely helpful (maybe in a slider). Sometimes I can trust that Recap will find the right alignment after I select one or two points, so this would allow the user to make adjustments and find what they are most comfortable with on a user-by-user and project-by-project basis.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report