Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XYZ OF SCAN STATIONS

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
allanthebruce
1744 Views, 22 Replies

XYZ OF SCAN STATIONS

Hi There, 

Can i extract the XYZ for all my scan stations in my rcp?

Maybe Pro does it?

Thanks

Allan

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
ryan.frenz
in reply to: allanthebruce

Hi Allan,

This feature doesn't exist at the moment in ReCap.  Could you provide more details about the workflow you're trying to implement?

Thanks,

Ryan

Message 3 of 23
allanthebruce
in reply to: ryan.frenz

HI Ryan,
I can’t get the location out of Civil3d also??
Yes, We scan with leica p40, export the scan to PTG and they become renamed, we want to create a map of where all scans are located (coordinates) but there Is no way to extract this information and display this on a table/ cogo point in civil.
If we could extract XYZ then no problem.
Can this be added to Civil and Recap?

I look forward to heaing from you.
Cheers
Allan
Message 4 of 23

I also would need that to be able to create viewpoints in Navisworks standing on the exact location of the scan stations.
Message 5 of 23

The Autodesk products which support RCP projects have all the APIs required to do this - but the decision to add a feature (or not) is up to that product team.

I will share these requests with our colleagues in those teams, but it could also help to request the feature in the Civil or Navis forums.

Thanks,

Ryan 

Message 6 of 23
allanthebruce

Ok thanks Ryan, 

Cant imagine it would be hard to add, its also important info Recap and Civil3d Should have.

Cheers

Allan

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous

Hi Ryan

Any news on this request.

I would also like to use the xyz locations of the scan locations to add camera to the same locations when working with the .rcp in 3DsMax.

Thanks

Tom

Message 8 of 23

We are more than 2 years later, and it is still not implemented in Navisworks 2018.

Can you give the notice to your collegues in the other development team (if they still exist, because there is really NOTHING NEW in version 2018 but the digit "8" instead of "7") that the community is waiting on simple things like this and expect that they are done. We pay subscription, you know.

Message 9 of 23

Hiya everyone,

I just wanted to announce that we have released Navisworks 2018 Update 2, which now creates saved viewpoints at ReCap scan locations (if available). Hopefully you will find this a useful addition to the ReCap support in Navisworks.

All feedback welcome 🙂

Cheers,

Michael

Navisworks Principal Engineer
Autodesk Inc.
Message 10 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: mpriestman

is this update still available?

I went to app manager, hit install and it never updated my navisworks.

went back to look for the update, and it is missing.

was it pulled?

Message 11 of 23
mpriestman
in reply to: Anonymous

Hiya,

Can you check the About box in Navisworks to confirm whether the update has been installed or not? It might have just gone on silently...

Michael

Autodesk Inc.
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous

Version:  15.1.1316.28

Built: May 26 2017

Extensions: Update 1.

Message 13 of 23
mpriestman

OK, so then I'm not sure why the Autodesk App isn't listing Update 2 as an available update; we certainly haven't removed it!

Autodesk Inc.
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous

do you have a link to a download maybe?

Message 15 of 23
mpriestman

Sadly not. Updates are now only available via the Desktop App. Just make sure you are signed in to the Desktop App, and you have a valid subscription account.

Autodesk Inc.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous

sounds like a problem with the update.  my coworker is experiencing the same issue.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous

got it working, we were having a strange issue with our desktop app, but Autodesk somehow fixed it.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous

go to your navisworks 2018 update 2, load in scan, go to saved viewports, right click, export viewpoints.  Makes an xml file.

open the xml, and it will have the x,y,z of the scan locations.

Message 19 of 23

Michael,

This is amazing actually.  Not just from the standpoint that you can now go right to the scan, but exporting the XML to a text file.  We actually will export, literally, hundreds of RCS files a week here.  These are large jobs with large data sets, so having a location plan is a huge must have to help client frustration.  Because our client's run the entire spectrum of Autodesk products, we're always tuning and tweaking our processes.

From what I can see, the XML exports out the scanner location in meters as "pos3f". Though I'm not real efficient at scripting, it looks like we can write some code to create a comma delimited text file with scanner name and XYZ position.  Ultimately I'd love to roll this into Civil 3D as COGO points.  If you know of an easier way than writing the code to script, please let me know.

I want to thank you and JasonBayer for all the help!

-A 

Message 20 of 23

Hiya,

The best way to get the scan locations is probably what you are doing; export the viewpoints to XML and process the file to generate a CSV file.

What you can do is use an XSLT file to convert the XML report to a CSV file. I've attached a sample XSLT file that I think will do this. You might have to do a bit of Googling to find a tool that will do the XSLT processing on your machine, but you should be able to test it using this website: https://www.freeformatter.com/xsl-transformer.html

Hope this helps,

Michael

Autodesk Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report