Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scan to mesh structured becomes unstructured?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
529 Views, 9 Replies

scan to mesh structured becomes unstructured?

Trying to do a scan to mesh for the first time.

This is on version 3.0.2.12, scans are all from faro x130 and trimble tx5- so yes, they are structured.

I first tried to make a mesh from a piece of equipment I scanned, and cropped/ exported as a rcs region a few weeks ago.

I made a new rcp, and brought just this rcs in, and it would not mesh it because it was not a structured scan.

Ok, maybe it doesn't like regions, so then I went into a separate project that included 12 scans, and cropped out a tank.  saved as its own project, and then tried to upload to 360.  the mesh icon was available, clicked it, and it made many attempts to upload, all resulting in messages saying the service was unavailable. 

Ok, maybe its on my end, I restart.

Open the same project, now the mesh icon is greyed out saying the scans are unstructured.

what to do

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

tried again, same result, also the scanner icon in the home tab flyout is missing as well.

it thinks this is unstructured data

Message 3 of 10
ryan.frenz

Hi Jason,

Scan-to-Mesh needs the scan position info - as you've noticed, this info is lost when exporting to a single RCS.  You can easily mesh separate areas in the complete project though - just use the limit box and clip tools before you request the mesh.  Change the limit box / clipping for the next area and repeat...

-Ryan

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.frenz

ok, but this is also happening when I clip down the project, and resave as a new rcp.

Message 5 of 10
ryan.frenz

Sorry I missed that part (getting used to answering the structure question).  That doesn't sound right - can you share the RCP file?

Ryan

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.frenz

yes, you want just rcp, or rcp and support folder?

Message 7 of 10
eucci

I'm having this problem, as well.

Is there a fix?

Message 8 of 10
ashwini.murthy
in reply to: eucci

Hi @eucci,

I am sorry you are facing this issue. I must ask - did you get a publish error by any chance? Could you share the RCP with me so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Ashwini

Message 9 of 10
eucci
in reply to: ashwini.murthy

ashwini,

I am already sharing the files with you on another related thread

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/recap-forum/says-not-structured-but-it-is-amp-a360-quot-service-tempo...

Message 10 of 10
ashwini.murthy
in reply to: eucci

Found them. Thank you.

Ashwini

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report