Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap registration not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1116 Views, 5 Replies

Recap registration not working

I recently started the trial version of Recap Pro. I am trying to evaluate if it would be useful for our company. We use a Leica C10 for data collection, import the RAW files into Cyclone, export E57 files for each scanworld, then import into Recap. Kind of a lengthy process in my opinion and I am trying to evaluate if the registration is quicker in Recap or if I will keep using Cyclone for this function since I can't import directly into Recap. I was able to register a simple 4 scan site originally. I have since tried to create a new project to try the process again but I am not able to identify the common points to register scan to scan. I have also tried this with a different scan set with the same results. I download the latest version available several days ago and do not show their being anything newer since then. Am I missing something?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan.frenz
in reply to: Anonymous

When you say 'I am not able to identify the common points...' - I assume you mean you're not able to get into that part of the application?

Registration is only available with a Pro license or trial - this requires not only downloading the installer, but also activating the license or trial when you start up the app.  If you recently installed a new version, you may need to re-activate your license or trial.  Do you see 'Autodesk ReCap Pro' in the title bar, or just 'Autodesk ReCap'?  If the latter, you just need to re-activate your trial or license (click on anything with the 'Pro' badge or see the menu in the upper right).

Hope this helps,

-Ryan

Message 3 of 6
vidanom
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Message 4 of 6
vidanom
in reply to: vidanom

And you might not even need to pick points 😉 

Hope you'll like it

Mitko

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.frenz

I think I found the problem. I started the trial on Friday morning. Was able to register 4 sample scans we captured. After lunch when I opened Recap back up I saw there was an update available. I chose to update the software. After that I can see all of the pro options but they do not function. I can select auto register and it will process for 1-2 seconds and kick back 0 of 4 registered. I then enter the manual mode and can not select the 3 points needed to pair the individual scan worlds. I see the two separate scans in the split screen mode and I can pan or zoom around just fine. I can not select any points though.

I uninstalled the software and downloaded the latest version again. (Version 4.0.0.28) Ran the software and logged in. Shows now that I have 24 days left to evaluate. But the exact same thing still happens. I had a coworker uninstall what they had, install the latest version and start a trial. All the pro tools work perfectly on that machine. I keep my data locally and am testing exports from Cyclone to see what works and what doesn't so I don't want to copy data off and stop them from working to test things out using their machine. 

I think the trial locks to the version that is installed when the trial is started. 

Message 6 of 6
ryan.frenz
in reply to: Anonymous

That sounds very strange - almost like ReCap isn't able to locate the raw data or something.  If you can run auto-register, it's seeing your trial license fine.

Can you try recreating the project from the raw files (FLS or PTX/PTG, or whatever you're using)?

-Ryan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report