Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap photo not processing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mccrawlogan
480 Views, 6 Replies

Recap photo not processing

I have a section of road I am trying to processed and have tried 3 different times to process 3 different flights and receiving a partially processed map the first two times. The third time I processed with about 6 rows going down the road at 75% front and side overlap. I shows that it is ready but the only thing produced was an .fbx file and when it opened open even that looked like a partial model of this section of road. I don't know what else to try.

The project is about 1 mile stretch of road, it is fairly straight, and I am using 5 GCP's that are painted arrows on the road. I have double checked to make sure the coordinates are correct on the GCP's. I don't know if this is something I am doing wrong or if it is just the program. I have probably done 30 other maps before and and I fell like one of these 3 tries should have worked.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barmanr
in reply to: mccrawlogan

Hi @mccrawlogan ,

We have just updated the service with a new image stitching capability besides other features. You can see the improvements here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/recap-forum/recap-photo-service-update-july-2021/td-p/10485263

You can try again and see if the new engine is able to stitch more of your images.

Meanwhile, would it be possible to share your dataset with me? I can try it out directly with the engine and investigate if any issues or this is what the engine is capable of producing with the given set.

Thanking You.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman, Reality Capture

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Message 3 of 7
mccrawlogan
in reply to: barmanr

Hello Rishov,

I will take a look at the update. Here is a link to the data that I used on my final try. It would be great if you could get it to work or provide suggestions. https://dbsengr-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/lmccraw/Eh90LpKcM7xBpY7YLDyjjXgBYNSMnBPfNVgE2RNmXex4kg?e=ygJ...  there should be 596 photos and a GCP file that I saved. The coordinate System I am using is TN83F. Thank you for your help!

Logan McCraw

Message 4 of 7
barmanr

Hi @mccrawlogan ,

Thank You for the dataset. I will give it a run and validate. Will update you with the results and findings.

Warmest Regards,
Rishov

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Message 5 of 7
barmanr

Hi @mccrawlogan ,

I ran your set and managed to get a result without any issues. I am uploading the results now and will PM you with the link when uploaded. What I see is a long stretch of an area. This was run with the latest engine update at the backend so if you process your set again from your end as well, you will get a similar result to mine now.

Thanking You.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov 

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Message 6 of 7
mccrawlogan

Rishov,

Thank you so much for doing that. I brought the ortho photos into Civil 3D and overlaid with the field shots taken along with the GCPs. They match up great in the areas near the GCPs but then quickly get off, some areas more than 10 feet off. I think it is because all of the GCPs are in a straight line going down the road. Do you know of a general rule as of how far apart GCPs should be placed? Let me know if you can think of other suggestions, but I think I just need more GCPs and on both sides of the road.

Thank you for your help.

Message 7 of 7
barmanr

Hi @mccrawlogan ,

Since this is a long stretch of an area, the best would be to add GCP's in the lower parts as well to properly constraint the scene. As of now the top parts are weighted correctly hence will be more accurate but the lower area may be slightly off as it tries to adjust. 

Adding GCP's in the boundaries and some in the middle would constraint the scene nicely as well.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report