Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap cannot upload scans from Leica RTC 360

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
marc-elio.massoud
1665 Views, 2 Replies

Recap cannot upload scans from Leica RTC 360

Hello,

A client of ours that is currently trialing Recap sent us a concern yesterday concerning Recap and Leica RTC 360.

It seems that he is unable to load the scans onto Recap. Does anyone know about this issue? Because I tried looking for it online and couldn’t find anything. Is there a solution or workaround? I have sent a mail to Leica but without any response unfortunately. 

Any help or information from your side would be more than appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Marc,

i am not really sure what kind of scan files the Leica RTC360 is producing (probably .lgs?).

Those are the import file formats supported by Recap Pro:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RECAP/ENU/?guid=GUID-BE7784C3-9B58-426E-9303-81292C8CF4E7&v=2018

As far as i know the RTC360 saves the scan files on a usb flash drive. I would plug this drive into the pc and move those files onto the PC. Have a look at the file format in the Windows Explorer. If it is it e.g. a e57 file, you should be able to import it without any problems.

If your client is using the Leica Fied360 App on a tablet with the RTC360 scanner, then you probably would have to go through Leica Register360 first. Register the point cloud there and save the resulting pointcloud as an .rcp or .e57 file. Then you can open/import it into Recap Pro.

This might be helpful as well:

https://www.laserscanningforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=13863

Message 3 of 3

Thank you Florian,

I will relay the information to my Sales Team and will let you know if the issue is solved or not.

Thank you for the sharp and quick response.

Have a nice day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report