Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pix4D point cloud won't start importing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
996 Views, 7 Replies

Pix4D point cloud won't start importing

I'm desperately trying to import .las point cloud I made in Pix4Dmapper into Recap Pro to further export it into Civil 3D or Revit.

The point cloud is quiet big - 345Mb, but loading process doesn't even start after a couple of hours.

I leave filtering untouched. I only choose the coordinate system. Btw should I select the same current and target or should I leave it as "none"?

Then I press the "import" button and nothing happens.

I tried to press "index scans" next. In this case it says that indexing scans is 100% complete, but it won't let me launch the project.

What should I do? Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
LyleHardin
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you can import the .las directly into Civil 3D, right? Or has that feature been removed? 345 Meg isn't really all that big. What happens when you start a new project, leave all the defaults alone, then just drag the file onto the big target in ReCap?

Be aware when you bring it into AutoCAD you may have to scale it up or down by 1.000003 units to adjust for International feet vs US Survey feet. (You may want to look that scale factor up).

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: LyleHardin

If I could, I certainly would import it directly into Civil 3D, but it doesn't work this way nowadays.

If I leave all settings by default it makes no difference. The point cloud won't even start importing anyways.

Message 4 of 8
yan.fu

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you don't want to change the coordinates, you can leave the source and target Coordinate system as None. 

If you know the coordinate system, you can also choose the same CS for source and target. 

Could you check if .rcs file is generated in the project support folder or not?

If .the rcs file is not generated, then the project won't launch. If you would like to share the file, we can take a look into the .las file to reproduce this issue. 

If the .rcs file is already generated, you can close ReCap and try directly open that .rcs file. 

Best,

Yan

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: yan.fu

Hello @yan.fu and thanks for stopping by)

.rcs file is not generated. I would like to share this file, but it's 345Mb and maximum attachment size is 71Mb. How do I do that?

Best regards, Ruslan.

Message 6 of 8
Pointdump

Hi Руслан,
You can use a link to DropBox or WeTransfer or Autodesk Drive to post your LAS file.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 7 of 8
Maksim.Melnikov.BY

Hello @Anonymous 
I faced such problem)
In my case, everything is very simple:
1. File path length is very long by default to point cloud in Pix4D project.
2. Complicated Pix4D file name

Try moving the file from your Pix4D project folder to your desktop and renaming it to something like "test".
Then re-import into ReCap Pro.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maksim Melnikov LinkedIn | Instagram
Autodesk Solutions Expert
Autodesk Certified Instructor

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Maksim.Melnikov.BY

You are genius) Thanks a lot. That helped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report