Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest FARO scanner files are said to need preprocessing in FARO Scene

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Logos_Atum
362 Views, 2 Replies

Newest FARO scanner files are said to need preprocessing in FARO Scene

Hello there,

I am about to partake in a 2 day FARO course and I asked some questions already. We have a licence for ReCAP Pro and the forums I checked never indicated any problems with importing FARO files directly, but now one of the teachers told me the newer scanners aren´t supported by Autodesk yet. It´s a question that popped up when we started to think about either buying or renting the software.
I tried to get a positive concerning this issue by FARO but they said the reseller would know. Well I did not take "would" for a positive answer and checked with what information Autodesk had to offer. They said it´s all about the newest FARO SDK and everything should be working.
I thought I dish that out to the community and ask if someone already has had the problem or eventually knows how this can be solved.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I'm sure you figured it by now, but as long as you have the raw fls files you will be able to import into recap for manual registration. I will take information given on those classes with a caution last time I took that class as a refresher due to the new Scene interface, I found out the instructor never had any practical field experience. It got to the point some students where asking me questions. But I understand your dilemma the Scene license is quiet expensive so that comment would raise red flags on my end.

Message 3 of 3

Thank you so much, I am. I also encountered some oddities looking for classes. They are FARO Partners but they demonstrated some auto registering issues. Those did not persist using E57 export out of scene and they had a good set of references.

Take care

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report