Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement tools in ReCap 360 Pro

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1091 Views, 3 Replies

Measurement tools in ReCap 360 Pro

Hello. How do I measure distances in my Photo-to-3D project? The measurement tools don't appear on the bottom of the view; I only see the tool in the attached screenshot.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
zack.douglas
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Online, on-model measurement is not yet available, though we value the feedback for future development. Be advised that your model will not have proper scale unless set during the creation process. To do so, you can use Control Points with known coordinates or set a known distance between two widely visible Control Points.

In the mean time, there are offline model editors such as Autodesk ReMake [1] with which you can collect distances from your downloaded your RCM (and OBJ) models.

I hope that helps,
Zackery

[1] http://remake.autodesk.com/try-remake
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: zack.douglas

Thanks Zackery. I was looking for the tools palette described in this article. Does that only refer to Scan projects?

Message 4 of 4
zack.douglas
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

The article you link to is actually describing the ReCap Desktop product. You can export a photo project to a Desktop-compatible point cloud by activating a Pro subscription (waiting a bit for the activation to propagate through our backend systems) and processing your project with Ultra quality and exporting as RCS.

Cheers,
Zackery

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report