Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close my account?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
625 Views, 7 Replies

How do I close my account?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
wispoxy
in reply to: Anonymous

A message from the community manager philip.s

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of right now, the platform our forums live on doesn't offer an option to completely delete user accounts. The main reason for this is that if an account were to be fully deleted, all the conversations that user had participated in would be impacted and most likely not in a positive way (valuable points and contributions from that user would be deleted as well, etc.).

While we can't delete your accounts entirely, if you really want to leave for good, we can ban your account. It's an action we'd prefer not to take since you've done nothing wrong and we'd like to have you continue on as a valuable member of this community.

If you've thought about it and decided you would indeed like your account banned, though, please post a confirmation on this thread or send me a private message saying so. Once your account is banned you will not be able to log into this community with the username or email address you're currently using.

We are looking into alternative solutions for these requests and will let you know when we've landed on a solid process that works for everyone.

Thank you, and we hope you choose to stay!

**Please note, if you do not directly respond with a confirmation, we will not ban your account.**

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: wispoxy

Thanks for that,

I have basically subscribed to Recap as it was recommended on the Autodesk123Dcatch forum to digitise photograph of a design object but what I really wanted to know is if have subscribed to the free trial version? Every time I go to stitch photographs in a project it leads me to autodesk store so I assume I have the free trial. Was concerned that I was being charged to use this.

Message 4 of 8
wispoxy

Clear any payment information (credit card, debit card, etc) off your account and you should be OK. If they are asking for card information it's probably in the contract to start charging you at some point.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Well that clarifies that it's a free trial as I have no payment information or any requests for payment details on the account.

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 8
richiee

No, you haven't paid for anything unless you were prompted to spend cloud credits. (You are always prompted before an action that will result in a charge.) The service itself doesn't have a separate subscription charge. If you have any active Autodesk subscription, you'll be able to spend 5 cloud credits per project for Ultra resolution, otherwise, you're using the free service and won't be charged for anything.

Message 7 of 8
wispoxy

Glad to see your concerns got resolved. Feel free to private message me if you have problems.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I'd like my Account banned please, I find really no use in being in this website any longer.

And it only hinders my emails in gmail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report