Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FARO Scene VS Recap

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nichlas.aa.holm
473 Views, 2 Replies

FARO Scene VS Recap

Hey all. 🙂

I have FARO Premium scanner, and been playing around to find out which workflow, FARO SCENE or Recap, is the right way to go.

I want to use only Recap, because of price and i already have Recap PRO, in my aec collection.

I have scanned a sample file, where FARO SCENE and Recap, both have run there registration tool, on the same scans.

The picture below is a plan view in revit, the top scan is from FARO SCENE, and the below scan is from Recap.

Planview.PNG

This picture is a section view, the section to the left is from FARO SCENE an to the right is from Recap.

As you may see, the floor don't have the same angle compared to level. (The red lines)

I checked the floor level, with a rotary laser, and the FARO SCENE scan is correct.

Section view.PNG

Questions:

1. How can i make the recap floorplan, more like the SCENE version, i think the SCENE version looks much better??

2. Why isn't the angle the same, when compared the to scans, and how do i fix that in recap?? I found some solutions in other threads, but it dont seem to work, or maybe i'm doing it wrong.

I have the newest version of both Recap and FARO SCENE.

  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Is there anyone there can help, my scan is still a little bit tilted, and i can't figure out why???

Message 3 of 3

I know with Recap you have to spend more time on the registration between scans to increase accuracy which will improve quality.

in our office, we use both. Main registration in Scene as it’s better and quicker with PointClouds and then we use Recap for our RCP/RCS exports for our as-built team.

Machiel Odendaal
---BIM Enthusiast---

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report