Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering coordinates into a signal scan

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
818 Views, 3 Replies

Entering coordinates into a signal scan

Hi guys,

I have a single scan that has picked up 3 targets. I have the coordinates of those 3 targets, however i cannot find away to enter this information in Recap.

Any help would much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
michael.riley
in reply to: Anonymous

Rebecca,

If you are talking about adding survey coordinates to those targets, I can help you with that.  However, it requires ReCap 360 Pro.  If you haven't tried the Pro version, you can activate a trial to check out the functionality.

We don't directly support adding survey coordinates to a single scan. The feature is in the registration workflow, but you can access it with only a single scan via a workaround.  If you make a copy of your single scan with a different name and import it as well, you can access the registration workflow with your "two scans".  Select "Manual Registration" when given registration options.  Now to the actual survey point workflow.

1. Extract the targets from your scan (the original, as we will delete the copy at the end)

targets.png

2. Select each target and click "Add survey point" to enter the coordinates.

survey point before index.PNG

3. Index scans and launch the project.

4. Delete the "copy" scan from the project navigator (lower-right corner menu, selecting "scan locations").

5. You may have to pan or zoom to see the transformation take effect.  If the survey point are far away from origin, you can use the limit box tool's "reset" functionality to auto-detect the new point cloud bounds.

That should do it.  Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Michael

Message 3 of 4
LyleHardin
in reply to: michael.riley

I've not been able to get this to work yet.

Questions:

1. Do I have to enter the coordinates in meters? Can I use Feet and inches?

2. Do all three targets have to be in the same scan? We typically have 30-40 scans of a plant floor. I'd like to place these targets and coordinates at three locations far apart from each other which will be three separate scans possibly hundreds of feet apart from each other.

3. Will the point cloud be scaled to match these points, or just aligned to them?

Message 4 of 4
vidanom
in reply to: LyleHardin

Hi @LyleHardin,

I believe this workflow only supports meters and the targets don't need to be in one scan, but you would need at least 3 of them in order for the changes to take effect. And the point cloud will not get scaled.

Hope this helps,

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report