Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remove the classifications?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
LyleHardin
400 Views, 5 Replies

Can I remove the classifications?

I've combined a few ReCap projects and now have a gazillion (well, 252) classifications. It takes forever to save or work with. I've tried Reclassifying, but they didn't go away. We're not using them in this project. Is there away to get rid of them or at least go down to the usual 5 or 6?  When I go to delete the classification, it appears it's going to take the points away with it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: LyleHardin

Hi Lyle,
252 classifications? How did you do that? What did the original LAZ/LAS files look like?
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6
LyleHardin
in reply to: Pointdump

That's what I'm wondering. Where did all those classifications come from? I never even ran the classifications tool on the original scans. 

I created a new ReCap project and brought in 5 previously registered terrestrial scan projects (rcp files) from our Faro S150 scanner registered in ReCap.  I had to bring in a few single scans (.fls folders) to tie everything together.

When all was registered, I did a SAVE and it crunched away at the classifications and saved. 

Suddenly, boom, 252 classifications. I tried running the classifications routine again hoping it would thin things out, but I just got the classic "Classification Failed" error. This is just a building and some outside parts, no need for classifications.

Message 4 of 6

@LyleHardin If you are using 2023.x version, terrestrial scan classification was not supported which is updated in 2024.0 version. Also, we are adding a reclassification capability that will help you consolidate all the classes. This reclassification feature is in beta (which you can access via Infrastrcture futures at feedback.autodesk.com )

Regards,

Ramesh S
Product Manager - Infrastructure Solutions

Ramesh.Sridharan@autodesk.com

Ramesh Sridharan
Product Manager
Message 5 of 6

These were originally individually registered in 2023 because 2024 does not bring colors in from FARO fls scans. I don't recall what version I combined them all with. It may have been 2024.

Message 6 of 6
LyleHardin
in reply to: LyleHardin

Bringing this back to life because it's happening again. FARO terrestrial scanner. Assembled/registered the .fls folders with ReCap 2023 (because 2024 doesn't do color with FARO scans now. Probably a bug). And I get over 200 classifications. It takes nearly 10 minutes to save. 

LyleHardin_0-1695220082383.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report