Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera coordinates

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
410 Views, 5 Replies

Camera coordinates

Hi guys,

Is there a possibilility to get the camera coordinates from which the cloud points were taken?

Thanks in advance for help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan.frenz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

No, this is not available at this time.  May I ask what workflow requires this?

Ryan

Message 3 of 6
TruePoint-ahunt

This is a very common issue now when giving a client individual RCS clouds.  It all started when clicking inside AutoCAD with a RCP attached.  All the scanner positions lightup and even show the name of the RCS file, but it doesn't actually stay in a spot to reference later.   There's several ways to get this information.  The best thing to do is go back to your laser scanning firm.  They can give you that information or make you the keyplan/index.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Thanks for replies!

@ryan.frenz it was a question I got, and it made me confused. Just wanted to be sure that I had answered correctly 🙂

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Hello @ryan.frenz,

It would be very usefull to set model coordinates when we use UAV to 3D Mapping. I’ve tried Recap 360 with Pix4D (one of the most known software in terrain 3D Mapping) and booth results were very good. In fact, I preferred Recap results.

But the output files are not very easy to work. I mean, I can’t use TIFF files to create a DEM surface, I can’t use OBJ export to get the mesh file and then create TIN surface and I can’t use RCS file to process point cloud and then create surface. All of them are correlated to coordinate systems and real lengths.

I think that doing it “mannualy” I would increase precision error. In fact, I missed the opportunity to set ground control point to calibrate the model and define terrain elevation (set it from GPS is not good enough).

Maybe I’m doing it wrong because I’m learning how to use Recap but for now these are the problems that I’m facing off.

Do you have any ideas or alternatives?

Thank you,

Message 6 of 6
vidanom

Hi again,

You may find the same replay on your previous post.

Adding coordinates will scale the model which should help you with the surface creation process. Btw. this is something that the team is working on at the moment to make this process automated.

For creating TIN surfaces you can check this article, and for creating DEM maps you can drag and drop the TIFFs in Infraworks 360 or any other DEM application. These TIFFs are geolocated and should snap right in place.

Hope that helps,

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report