Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk ReCap Pro 2024.1 and ReCap Viewer 2024.2 - Release Notes

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
barmanr
997 Views, 12 Replies

Autodesk ReCap Pro 2024.1 and ReCap Viewer 2024.2 - Release Notes

Hi Everyone,

We are happy to announce that Autodesk ReCap Pro 2024.1 / Viewer 2024.2 updates have been released!

What is included in Autodesk ReCap Pro 24.1?

New Features and Improvements:

• Added support for manual classification where the user can select points and assign them to the desired class.
  • Added the ability to lock/unlock classifications.
  • Added the ability to reclassify points from one classification to another.
  • Added the ability to convert regions to classifications.
  • Added classification support in View States.
  • Improved visualization by highlighting points when hovering over classification items in the Project Navigator.
  • Added the ability to intelligently extract (decimate) key points from one classification to another.
  • Added the ability to decimate points by specifying the approximate percentage of resultant key points.
  • Added the ability to decimate points by specifying the approximate number of resultant key points.
  • Added support for Undo / Redo for Automatic Ground Classification.
  • Improved stability when signing out of a Multi-User license when on a Network license.
  • Improved stability when clicking on mirror balls.
  • Improved syncing annotations from ReCap Cloud Viewer by adding a menu option.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue in which the Navigation cube is shifted while the Recap window was maximized in RealView mode.
  • Fixed an issue in which the scan preview in Full Page Map is shifted when transitioning to a different scan using Project Navigator.
  • Fixed an issue with the Navigation zoom pivot after window resizing.
  • Fixed an issue in which running Automatic Ground Classification on a post-registered project between structured and unstructured showed as failed.
  • Fixed an issue in which the classification names were reset to default after running Automatic Ground Classification.
  • Fixed an issue in which some projects that contain many edits such as regions are not viewable in the ReCap Cloud Viewer.
  • Fixed an issue in which a second selection of scans during registration led to infinite searching for a match.
    Fixed an issue whereby importing Faro projects did not preserve point cloud registration performed in Faro Scene.
  • Fixed security vulnerabilities.

Known Limitations:

• Deleting selected points or modifying regions is not supported if there are hidden or locked classifications.
  • Converting regions to classifications may use 100% of CPU, depending on the complexity of the region.
  • Decimating the same source classification of very dense point clouds more than once may not show all the points in the canvas for the respective classes. Workaround: After each decimation, reclassify the points in the target classification back to the source classification before running the decimation again.
  • Operations that modify classifications, such as Automatic Ground Extraction, Intelligent Decimation, assigning a classification to selected points, converting regions to classifications, reclassify to, will require more disk space.
  • Hidden classifications are considered for Intelligent Decimation.
  • Legacy projects may not show all the existing classifications on the first load. Workaround: Refresh classifications or enter the classification color mode.

Installation Instructions

You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.

Updating Autodesk ReCap / Autodesk ReCap Pro on a single computer:

a. Using Autodesk Access:

• Ensure Autodesk ReCap version 24.0.0 is installed on the computer.
  • Launch Autodesk Access from the system tray or from Start -> Autodesk -> Autodesk Access.
  • ReCap Pro 2024.1 Update should be visible in the list.
  • Click on 'Install'. The new update will be downloaded and installed. Autodesk ReCap will be updated to version 24.1.0.

b. Direct download & install:

• Ensure Autodesk ReCap version 24.0.0 is installed on the computer.
  • Login to Autodesk Account: https://manage.autodesk.com/home/
  • Download ReCap Pro 2024.1.0 Update from "Product Updates".
  • Double-click on the executable (*.exe) file.
  • Follow the installation instructions on the screen. Autodesk ReCap will be updated to version 24.1.0.

What is included in Autodesk ReCap Viewer 24.2?

New Features:

• Point cloud measurement tools
  • Point feature extraction
  • Feature extraction templates
  • Feature schema management

Known Limitations:

• Real View mirror balls may be partially visible on different browser zoom levels.
  • Project Browser - “Point Features” and “Linear Features” show/hide state is saved for non-ReCap-Pro subscribers with write permissions.

What's New in ReCap Pro and Viewer

Learn more about What's New in ReCap Pro and Viewer

Learn more about Point Feature Extraction

Learn more about Feature Extraction Templates

Learn more about Manual Classification

Learn more about Intelligent Decimation

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
garyl
in reply to: barmanr

Is there a timeline for fixing the Faro import bug (loss of clour data), this seems to have been a long time and I would have expected such a significant bug to have had some degree of priority. Very close to cancelling my subscription, having now trialled a couple of alternative solutions.

Message 3 of 13
barmanr
in reply to: garyl

Hi @garyl ,

We have fixed this and are in the testing phase now. If all goes well, this will be available for a global launch this year for ReCap Pro 2025 set for April 2, 2024, live date.

A request if possible on your end: Would you be able to share a sample scan for us to test? We are testing as many samples as possible that had issues before and newer premium ones too that never supported color before in ReCap. 

Thanking You.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Message 4 of 13
garyl

Hi Barmanr, thank you so much for your response, it is reasuring to hear that this is now being worked on, is is difficult to express the cost and inconvenience that this bug has meant for long term Recap and Faro users such myself. How would you like me to share the Data, I have a single colour scan that I did a couple of days ago, that should suffice, but am away on the south coast of Cornwall right now with limited/slowish internet access.

All the best

Gary

Message 5 of 13
barmanr

Hi @garyl ,

I will PM you the link to upload.

Thanking You.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Message 6 of 13
anythingcad

Where can I get the ReCap Viewer for people/computers that don't need full ReCap Pro functionality, just the ability to open the files to see what was done?

Message 7 of 13
anythingcad
in reply to: anythingcad

Are you saying that the people who only need a viewer should just download ReCap Pro itself and not sign up for a trial?
Message 8 of 13
barmanr

Hi @anythingcad ,

Sorry sent the post above using a test account of mine.

All versions of ReCap are free for viewing a point cloud. You do not need a subscription for this. You could download a trial for ReCap. After the trial expires, it will become a free version for viewing only.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/free-trial

Thanking You.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Message 9 of 13
barmanr

Hi @anythingcad ,

Yes. That's correct.

ReCap would be in a free state which would allow only viewing the point cloud.

Note: I am referring to viewing the point cloud on the Desktop, not the web viewer.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Message 10 of 13
anythingcad

thank you so much!

there's a web viewer? where do i find that?
if you can't tell, we are just starting to scratch the surface of scans and point clouds; i'm trying to figure out who needs what so everybody can see what they need to as we switch into this technology.
Message 11 of 13
barmanr

Hi @anythingcad ,

The ReCap Web Viewer would require a subscription to ReCap Pro and ACC (Autodesk Construction Cloud): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3UMtOrQLvk

It is for viewing the point clouds in the cloud including many other features (Linear Feature Extraction, Point Feature Extraction, Annotations, Measurements, etc.) after publishing it via ReCap Pro: https://help.autodesk.com/view/RECAP/ENU/?guid=recap_cloud_viewer

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Publish ReCap projects to Autodesk Docs to share, view, and mark up point clouds on the Autodesk Construction Cloud
Message 12 of 13
barmanr

Hi @garyl ,

The color issue for Non Premium scans has been fixed and also Premium Scans are now supported with color as of ReCap Pro 2025: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/recap-forum/autodesk-recap-pro-photo-2025-and-recap-viewer-release-no...

Thanking You.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture
Message 13 of 13
garyl

Hi Barmanr,

Thank you for keeping me in the loop, it is greatly appreciated.

I have just tested and as you say, all is working again. Which is great news, as I had just started a search for alternatives, and I do have a fondness for Recap as I have been using it for so long (Although manual control over registration would be a game changer, if ever you guys fancy a challenge 😂)

best wishes - Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report