Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
281 Views, 3 Replies

Windows 10

I have Autocad LT 2013 and currently run it on my PC with Windows 7.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10, can I continue to run Autocad LT 2013 with Windows 10.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

It will probably work, BUT no guarantees AutoCAD LT 2013 was designed to run on Windows7 so there is no knowing what might happen on a newer Windows version. There are no updates available for software of that age, so trying it is at your own risk.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

Many thanks for your reply,

So if I upgrade to windows 10 on my pc and Autocad LT 2013 does not work, I
have lost the use of my Autocad LT license??

As I have paid for this license are Autodesk not obliged to give me a copy
of the software that is compatible with the latest Windows system?

Many thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your AutoCAD/LT2013 is not supported in Win10, which means Autodesk is not interested ever in helping you with any issue, it does not mean anything else you might read into "supported" http://autode.sk/1IY4C2X

Autodesk will end automatic reauthorizing of 2016 and older software as of this coming March 2021, read all about it here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/previous-ver...

Windows10 is known to break licenses with its updates so at some point your 2013 software will become dead in the water so to speak. So have a backup plan if you decide to leap to Win10.

If you still have your old Win7 PC and all works well, hang on to it for as long as it will last, then figure out a new option if you are unable to join Autodesk Subscription for newer software. If you find Autodesk software subscriptions too expensive, there are many other CAD packages out there with no subscription options (initial cost may still be comparably high) that you can go get and use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report